We study receptor-ligand interactions and transmembrane signal transmission that are relevant to immunology, hemostasis, and human disease using structural, cell biological, and single molecule techniques. A unifying theme is how force interacts with protein conformational change to activate integrins, von Willebrand factor, transforming growth factor-beta family proteins, and adhesins on malaria sporozoites.
- HIRING: Postdoctoral Fellow Positions
- HIRING: Senior Administrative Associate
- Farewell Dr. Nathan Hudson
- NEW FEATURE: Dr. Tim Springer on science and entrepreneurship
- Congratulations Dr. Xianchi Dong, recipient of a 2015 Charles A. King Trust Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- NEW PAPER: Force-induced on-rate switching and modulation by mutations in gain-of-function von Willebrand diseases.