We study receptor-ligand interactions and transmembrane signal transmission that are relevant to immunology, hemostasis, and human disease using structural, cell biological, and single molecule techniques. A unifying theme is how force interacts with protein conformational change to activate integrins, von Willebrand factor, transforming growth factor-beta family proteins, and adhesins on malaria sporozoites.
- [OPEN POSITION]: Postdoctoral Fellow
- [CLOSED]: Research Assistant I (2023)
- Tim Springer delivers UC Berkeley's MCB 2022 Commencement Address
- Timothy A. Springer to Receive Biophysical Society’s 2022 Founders Award [Biophysical Society]
- [CLOSED]: Research Assistant I (2021)
- Point Man On Protein Science [In Vivo]