We study receptor-ligand interactions and transmembrane signal transmission that are relevant to immunology, hemostasis, and human disease using structural, cell biological, and single molecule techniques. A unifying theme is how force interacts with protein conformational change to activate integrins, von Willebrand factor, transforming growth factor-beta family proteins, and adhesins on malaria sporozoites.
- HIRING: Postdoctoral Fellow Positions
- Point Man On Protein Science [In Vivo]
- Harvard's Billionaire in a Lab Coat [Harvard Crimson]
- Meet The Harvard Professor Who Became A Billionaire Thanks To Coronavirus [Forbes]
- COVID-19 Updates
- 2019 Gairdner Awards: Winners hailed for discoveries on DNA replication and power of stem cells to fight cancer [The Globe and Mail]