We study receptor-ligand interactions and transmembrane signal transmission that are relevant to immunology, hemostasis, and human disease using structural, cell biological, and single molecule techniques. A unifying theme is how force interacts with protein conformational change to activate integrins, von Willebrand factor, transforming growth factor-beta family proteins, and adhesins on malaria sporozoites.
- HIRING: Postdoctoral Fellow Positions
- Internal forces directing cell migration are revealed by live-cell microscopy [EurekAlert!]
- “Shapeshifter” that regulates blood clotting is visually captured for the first time
- Biotech Entrepreneur Timothy Springer Has Another Act [Wall Street Journal]
- New Research Institute to Transform Protein Science: Q&A with Timothy Springer, Ph.D. [Drug Discovery and Development Magazine]
- HIRING: Senior Administrative Associate